Throughout the wonderful world of blogging, much like and e-mail chains or the social media “1 Like=1 Prayer” pictures, there are awards that get passed around in the blogger world as well. This one is sort of cool because it lets my readers (all of you lovely people) learn a little more about me! So with that being said, I want to thank and shout out to my nominator’s blog: Diary of a Gay Person of Color (and no it’s not the recent sports guy who admitted he was not only gay but also black!). So thank you for the nomination it’s totally awesome.
Now onto the rules of the award:
- Thank the Liebster Blog Presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo
- No tag backs!
So with that said, here are my 11 random facts:
- My dream career would be sitting in the seats of either Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert – what a job
- When I was 10 years old my brother locked me in a glass door display at Home Depot – you would think they would put a lock on the inside so that wasn’t possible…but NOPE! That was the most embarrassing story of my life.
- I have a lot of blond moments even though I’m a brunette. Just last Friday, my co-workers convinced me it was Thursday.
- I’m addicted to Chocolate. ADDICTED!
- I’ve always wanted to meet Kathy Griffin
- I am gunning to take Ryan Seacrest’s job – that man is smart and successful
- I’m a secret gamer when I’m alone – COD on Xbox anyone?
- I have a passion for working with kids, I think I can deal with them better than most
- I am told I have an outgoing personality but I still get really nervous and shy in front of people
- I hate listening to people obsess over Apple products
- There are dolls named after me – really go Google Matt O’Neill dolls
Diary of a Gay Person of Color asked me:
- What made you start blogging? I started blogging because honestly I was bored. I was offered a job at my current job to be a Social Media guy so I had to figure out what blogging actually was. Now I love it!
- What type of music do you like? I can listen to anything — did you know I had tickets for Lady Gaga TWICE…and both times she cancelled her show. It’s not meant to be I guess.
- What are your thoughts on reality TV? Love it. Love it. Love it. I usually have Bravo TV on 24/7. I love meeting those stars as well.
- Do you believe in the “Glass Ceiling” effect? No, you’ll get as far as you want to work. I follow a lot of Seth Godin’s philosophies. I recommend his book The Dip. It’s about getting what you want.
- What would you do if you won a billion dollars tomorrow? Tell you how I really feel.
- Who inspires you? Why? I know it’s cliche but my parents are important. They follow me with any crazy pursue I go after – even if it’s to get on the cast of 1 Girl 5 Gays…hint hint.
- Are you emotional or logical? I wear my heart on my sleeve I feel, but only around my best and closest friends. But I understand the importance of being logical and practical – especially when speaking about dating.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Why? To not have to answer stupid questions like this. NEXT!
- What do you think of amusement parks? Why? Love them. I have a 6 Flags right by my house, and I usually end up going once a season.
- What is your favorite comfort food? Besides chocolate? I would have to say an Applebees bacon cheeseburger. An angel died the day they took it off the 2 for 20 menu.
- What is your dream vacation destination? Why? I’ve always wanted to go to Paris, I’m not sure why. I took French since I was 10 and I don’t know a word of it. J’étais si mal en fait, j’ai échoué deux fois dans le collège classe de français. La troisième fois, je l’ai pris était ma dernière année et j’ai dû mendier pour une note de passage.
Well that was fun! Now the questions that I would like to ask my fellow bloggers are:
- If you could hang out with anyone currently alive who would it be?
- What is one thing you don’t think you would like to share with the public?
- Is there any bad habit that you secretly love to do?
- Where do you hope your blog will go down the road?
- What drives you to blog each day, week, month (year?)?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Who was your role model when you were younger? Is it the same person today?
- Is there any blog you love to follow and read?
- Describe your best friend in the whole world.
- If you stood on a soap box in front of a crowd and gave a rally speech, what would the rally be about or for?
- When you are not passionately blogging for your readers, what do you typically like to do?
So who should participate? These awesome bloggers, you should all check them out!
- Steven Cee in the City
- Sweet Mother
- sarah on the go!
- Raising My Rainbow
- Josh Kruger
- Hey. I’m Tom.
- The Pink Agendist
- Maybe I lack neurons …